Community and Economic Development
The Community and Economic Development Department (CEDD) works with local residents, property owners, and other Town departments to plan for and guide development and conservation in Mammoth Lakes consistent with Mammoth Lakes' community vision.
The Planning Division:
- Provides support to the Town Council, Planning and Economic Development Commission, and other Town commissions on planning matters
- Administers and implements town plans, policies, and regulations
- Works to develop long-range plans and policies that guide economic development
The Building Division:
- Administers the Building Code (which includes the issuance of building permits and conducting inspections) and ensures compliance with Town codes, among other duties.
- Provides support to the Board of Appeals/Building Advisory Committee, as well as other town departments on building and code matters.
- Works with the Code Compliance Officer to encourage town-wide conformance with both the California Building and Town Municipal Codes.
The Community and Economic Development Department has a staff of eight, responsible for current and long range planning, economic development, code compliance, and building permitting and inspections.
New Business Information
Looking to start a new business in Mammoth Lakes? Please review our New Business Guide for more information on how to get started.