Administrative decisions are made by the Community and Economic Development Director ("Director") and approve or deny a variety of minor planning permits, pursuant to Municipal Code section 17.96.040B.2. The Director is authorized to consider for approval or denial applications for Adjustments, Administrative Design Reviews, Administrative Permits, Lot Line Adjustments, Minor Design Reviews, and Sign Permits.
Pursuant to Municipal Code Chapter 17.104 (Appeals), any decision by the Director may be appealed to the Planning and Economic Development Commission (PEDC) by any aggrieved person. Appeals shall be submitted in writing, and filed with the Town Clerk, on a Town application form (PDF), within 15 days from the date of the review authority's action. The appeal shall state the pertinent facts of the case and the basis for the appeal, and shall be accompanied by the filing fee (PDF) set by the Town Council.
In addition to being posted on this page, notice of decisions are posted in the lobby of the Town offices and in the glass display case below Suite Z adjacent to Starbucks.
2017 Community & Economic Development Director Determinations (CEDDD)
- Adjustment 17-008: To allow for a decrease of 20% of the required 20-foot front yard setback dimension for an addition to an existing single-family residence located at 43 John Muir Road; Approved 11/3/17; Appeal Deadline 11/20/17 (PDF)
- Administrative Design Review 17-003: To allow for the construction of a new single-family residence in the Bluffs subdivision located at 125 Pine Street; Approved 10/18/17; Appeal Deadline 11/2/17 (PDF)
- Adjustment 17-006: To allow paved vehicle turnaround areas to be located within the front yard setback of lots 3, 4, and 5 of the Gray Bear II subdivision, addressed 488, 480 and 454 East Bear Lake Drive; Approved 9/7/17; Appeal Deadline 9/22/17 (PDF)
- Administrative Design Review 17-001: To allow for the construction of a new single-family residence within the Altis Master Plan area located at 76 Bridges Lane; Approved 8/16/17; Appeal Deadline 8/31/17 (PDF)
- Adjustment 17-005: To allow a 20% reduction in the required 20-foot front yard setback associated with the construction of a new single-family residence located at 721 Forest Trail; Approved 7/13/17; Appeal Deadline 7/28/17. (PDF)
- Adjustment 17-003: To allow a 20% reduction in the required twenty-five foot front yard setback and ten foot (west) side yard setback related to the addition of a second enclosed garage space with rear workshop and enlarged covered entryway, for the existing single-family residence located at 79 Hill Street; Approved 5/16/17; Appeal Deadline 5/31/17 (PDF)
- Adjustment 16-005: To allow vehicle parking in a setback not leading to a garage and a decrease of 20% of the required front setback dimension to allow the addition of an enclosed entry and staircase to an existing single-family residence located at 402 Pinecrest Avenue; Approved 2/9/17; Appeal Deadline: 1/24/17 (PDF)
- Design Review 16-013: To allow minor building modifications and a change to the siding and paint colors at the Best Western hotel located at 3228 Main Street; Approved 1/3/18; Appeal Deadline: 1/18/17 (PDF)
- Administrative Design Review 16-003: To allow the construction of a new single-family residence within the Bluffs subdivision, located at 360 Pine Street; Approval 1/3/17; Appeal Deadline 1/18/17 (PDF)
For previous year's Community and Economic Development Director Determinations (CEDDDs), please see the Administrative Decisions Archive.