The Whitmore Track and Sports Field is located 6 minutes (6 miles) south of Mammoth Lakes, just off US HWY 395 on the Benton Crossing Road, and adjacent to the Whitmore Pool. The facility typically operates from April 1 – November 1 each year (weather permitting) between sunrise and sunset.
This stunning facility is the culmination of a successful public/private partnership between The Town of Mammoth Lakes and the newly expanded Mammoth Track Club (incorporating the High Sierra Striders running club). At a cost of $2.3 Million, construction began for Phase I of this facility on July 9, 2012, and was completed on November 17, 2012.
The Whitmore Track and Sports Field is an all-weather, 9-lane polyurethane running track, with a full-size synthetic turf infield that will serve to enhance Mammoth Lakes’ reputation as the premier high-altitude training destination for a multitude of endurance sports and recreation.
Take the bus!
Summer transit service to the Whitmore Track and Sports Field commences on June 20, 2016 and will operate on Monday-Friday to August 19, 2016. Save time, money and gas - only $1.00 one way!
Any organized, structured athletic activity requires the completion, submittal and approval of a Facility Use Application Form that includes approved liability insurance, and payment of all applicable fees. All reservations must be submitted in writing to the Recreation Department, 437 Old Mammoth Road (P.O. Box 1609), Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546. For more information, please call (760) 934-8989 ext. 237.
- All fees are per hour and apply to either the synthetic turf field or track.
- The facility has a 2-hour minimum rental.
- Fees will be refunded if the reservation is cancelled within 7-days prior to the use date, subject to a non-refundable administrative fee of 10 percent.
- In addition to rental fees, special events or tournaments will be required to pay an hourly supervision fee of $25 per hour, per staff. If support is required from the Town in regards to set-up or tear down of sporting/event equipment or the transportation of special event equipment, a facility fee of $25 per hour, per staff member will be assessed.
- Should rates change after this application is submitted, but before the date applied for, prevailing rates at the time of the event will be applicable.
- A $250 per reservation security / damage deposit is also required at the time of booking. This deposit is refundable if the facility and/or property is left clean and in order as determined by the Town. The individual and/or organization granted use of the facility and/or property will be held responsible for any loss or damage to the facility and/or property caused by such use. A fee of equal or greater replacement will be charged for any loss or damage.
- Any organization with a contractual arrangement with the TOML: As specified by contract or Facility Use Agreement.
- Youth/Adult Non-Profit or Government Organization : $20/hr.
- Rental reservation: $30/hr.
- Pre-approved Event/Tournament Fee (daily /weekend use): $15/hr.
- Recreation Department Supervision or facility staff fee (if applicable): $25/hr. per staff
- Refundable Security / Damage Deposit: $250/reservation
Use & Regulations
- All Town facilities are alcohol and tobacco FREE!
- Under no circumstances may Town property be removed from any facility without written permission.
- Absolutely no: food, gum, sunflower seeds or nuts with shells, metal cleats, sugar drinks (water is permissible), alcohol or tobacco (smoking or chewing), animals, barbeques, skateboards, bicycles, scooters or rollerblades, hitting of golf balls, or driving on the field or track surface.
- No stakes or similar items are to be driven into the turf.
- Please do not move soccer goals or any equipment on the track/field surface.
- It is unlawful for any person to injure, deface, destroy, or remove any park property.
- All violators will be asked to leave the facility.