To be considered, an application must be completed and submitted to the Town of Mammoth Lakes Recreation office by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 24, 2017.
Recreation Department staff and the Recreation Commission will review all applications, giving special attention to those requests that reflect the following criteria:
- A sport or youth program that is a non-profit and registered with the State of California.
- Organized sport program that serve youth between the ages of 3-18 years old
- Organized sport program that offers consistent and structured opportunity for play to large groups of children
- Organized sport program which has limited funding sources or supports low-income households
- Organized sport program where funded participants volunteer for public benefit or community projects
In addition to providing information on the Youth Sports Funding Application, representatives from each organization are highly encouraged to attend the Recreation Commission meeting on Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 9:00a.m. in Suite Z, where the Commission will make their recommendations and often have questions for the applicants. Town Council will determine the final funding prioritization on May 4, 2016.