Pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15082, following the preliminary review of a project, a Notice of Preparation shall be prepared to provide notice to interested parties, organizations and individuals of the preparation of an EIR and to request comments on the scope and contents of the environmental document. The public review period for the Initial Study began on June 2, 2016 and ends on July 1, 2016. Comments on the proposed scope and content of the Initial Study must be received by 5:00 p.m. on July 1st to be considered. The comments will be used to assist the Town with the preparation of the Draft EIR. After the close of this 30-day period, the Draft EIR will be prepared. The Draft EIR, once published, will have a 45-day public review period.
Notice of Preparation of EIR
The anticipated next steps include reviewing any scoping comments received and adjusting the scope for the Draft EIR, if necessary. Staff will work closely with the consultant on the preparation of the Draft EIR. The anticipated steps in the process and estimates of timeline for the Project are as follows:
- Notice of Preparation/Scoping public review period (June 2 – July 1, 2016)
- Preparation of the Draft EIR (July – December 2016)
- Public Review of Draft EIR (December 29, 2016 – February 13, 2017)
- Preparation of Final EIR (February/March 2017)
- Public Hearing and EIR certification recommendation to Town Council by Planning and Economic Development Commission (March 2017)
- Public Hearing and EIR certification by Town Council (March 2017)
Comments on the scope of the EIR may be submitted to Sandra Moberly, Community & Economic Development Manager at or via US Mail at PO Box 1609, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546.