- Community and Economic Development
- Planning Division
- Current and Archived Projects
- Limelight Hotel Development Project
Limelight Hotel Development Project
Entitlement Application: Tentative Tract Map (TTM) 22-002, Use Permit (UPA) 22-001, and Major Design Review (DR) 21-001
The Limelight Hotel Development Project was approved by the Planning and Economic Development Commission on May 11, 2022. The PEDC approval is subject to a 15-day appeal period which ended on May 26th. Three separate Appeals were received for the Limelight Hotel Project project within the required timeframe. The appeal process requires a re-noticed Public Hearing before the Town Council. This public hearing is scheduled for the June 15, 2022, Town Council Meeting.
At the June 15, 2022 Town Council meeting, the Public Hearing for consideration of the Limelight Hotel development project was continued to the July 6, 2022 Town Council meeting. The Limelight Hotel Development Project was approved by Town Council on July 6, 2022.
- Public Notice - Town Council Public Hearing 6-15-22
- Town Council Resolution - R22-53
- Approved Project Plans (Architectural)
- Approved Project Plans (TTM and Civil)
- Approved CEQA Addendum to the NVSP SPEIR
- Project Name: Limelight Hotel
- Location: 5, 15, 17 and 49 Canyon Blvd., 106 Lake Mary Road, and 107 Lakeview Blvd. (Combined 6.9 acres)
- Zoning: Plaza Resort (PR) and Specialty Lodging (SL) districts of the North Village Specific Plan (NVSP)
On February 5, 2022, Aspen Skiing Company, submitted an entitlement application including a Tentative Tract Map, Use Permit and Major Design Review for the proposed “Limelight Hotel” development project. The project consists of a 6-story condominium hotel with 151 condo hotel rooms, 15 managed residential condominium units, and understructure parking for 181 vehicles. Hotel amenities are oriented to guests of the hotel, and include a lobby, town hall dining area, convenience retail, meeting space, ski club lounge, fitness center, and an outdoor pool/jacuzzi terrace.
Public Hearing Scheduled for May 11, 2022
- Public Hearing Notice
- Revised project plans received April 1, 2022
- Project plans received February 4, 2022
The Town convened an Advisory Design Panel (ADP) meeting to review the project as part of the Major Design Review application process. ADP comments will be documented and revisions to the project may be made to improve consistency with the North Village Design Guidelines.
- Advisory Design Panel, March 7, 2022
Environmental Review, pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
A CEQA Addendum is being prepared for the proposed project because the Town has determined, in its role as the Lead Agency under CEQA, that the proposed geothermal component of the project must be evaluated to ensure that the project will remain in conformance with the previously certified 1999 North Village Specific Plan Subsequent Program Environmental Impact Report (1999 SPEIR), and the 2017 Addendum to the 1999 SPEIR, for the Mammoth Hillside site.