The community of Mammoth Lakes has several funding opportunities for local organizations to help grow a youth sports program, host a special event, or provide diverse and enhanced arts, culture or recreation programs for the residents and visitors of Mammoth Lakes. Community funding is offered by government, non-profit and not-for profit organizations throughout Mammoth Lakes and Mono County. Please view the list of funding sources below that includes information and timelines for funding, eligibility requirements and general guidelines.
Community Funding Categories
Youth Sports Funding (TOML), Special Event Funding (MLT) and Measure R/U Grants (MLR) are categorized as either Special Events or Programming and are defined and categorized below, with specific funding requirements and eligibility for each.
Special Events (one-time events)
- For entities looking to host Special Events in Mammoth Lakes that are organized, occur annually (one-time), and that historically have included, but are not limited to: festivals/fairs, sporting events, and community-based events.
- Funding Source: Special Event Funding (Mammoth Lakes Tourism)
- Available funding: $300,000
- Contact: Dakota Snider, Sr. Manager of Marketing and Events
- Email: email@example.com
- Click here for Funding information/application: OPENS MONDAY, JANUARY 9, 2023
Programming (on-going programs)
- Youth Sports Organizations
- For non-profit entities whose primary function is to provide organized, youth sports programs that deliver enhanced programming or foster greater participation from low-income residents throughout the Town of Mammoth Lakes or Mono County annually or over the course of a season.
- Funding Source: Youth Sports Funding (Town of Mammoth Lakes Parks and Recreation Department)
- Available funding: $45,000
- Contact: Kat Kelly, Recreation Manager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Funding information and application
2. Recreation, Arts and Culture Entities
- For entities that provide diverse and enhanced recreation, arts & culture programs for the residents and visitors of Mammoth Lakes annually or over the course of a season.
- Funding Source: Measure R/U (Mammoth Lakes Recreation)
- Available funding: $200,000
- Contact: Kim Anaclerio, Program Director
- Email: email@example.com
- Funding information and application
Funding Category Eligibility
- If the mission and primary function of an entity qualifies them into one programming category, they cannot apply to another programming category. For example, an entity whose primary function is to provide organized youth sports programs may not apply for Measure R/U Grants and conversely, an entity whose primary function is to provide arts, culture or recreation programs may not apply for Youth Sports Funding. In essence, the mission and primary function of an entity will determine which programming category they may apply to.
- An entity that produces both one-time events and programming, may apply for Youth Sports Funding or Measure R/U Grant funding, AND Special Event Funding, but cannot include the one-time event in the programming application, and vice versa.
- The Mono County Community Support Grants, and Mammoth Mountain Community Foundation Grant Program are separate from these two programming categories, including Special Event Funding, and may be applied for by any eligible organization for any eligible program, including a program that has applied for or received Special Event Funding, and/or Youth Sports Funding or Measure R/U Grant funding.
Other Community Funding Sources
Information about Mono County Community Support Grants and the Mammoth Mountain Community Foundation Grant Program are listed below. These funds are not subject to the categories, timelines for funding, eligibility requirements or funding guidelines listed above in the Community Funding Categories.
MMCF Grant Program
- Managed by the Mammoth Mountain Community Foundation (MMCF)
- Details: Designed to provide needed funding to organizations and programs in the Eastern Sierra that provide programming for youths.
- Contact: Tamara Bankson, Executive Director
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Funding information and application: https://mammothfoundation.org/pages/grants
Mono County Community Support Grants
- Managed by the Mono County Economic Development, Tourism & Film Commission
- Details: A reimbursement program designed to support organized, established non-profit groups in Mono County. Three grants are available:
- Community Event Marketing Fund (CEMF) – up to $5,000 available per event
- Historical Societies Grant Program (HSGP) – up to $2,000 available per organization
- Performing & Visual Arts Grant Program (PVAGP) – up to $4,500 available per organization.
- Contact: Liz Grans, Economic Development Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Funding information and application: https://monocounty.ca.gov/tourismcommission/page/community-support-grant-programs